Located in Algonquin, Illinois, the Law Office of Mathew R. P. Perrone, Jr., concentrates on patents, trademarks and copyright law. With more than 35 years of experience, our firm has comprehensive knowledge of idea-protection law and the patent application process. Our goal is to provide individuals and businesses with high-quality, attentive legal services. Contact our intellectual property law firm today to schedule a free consultation.
What Form Of Protection Do You Need?
Federal and state laws offer a variety of protections for intellectual property rights. These include:
- Patents — Federal law contains strong protections for inventions. We can help you protect yours by seeking and enforcing a patent.
- Trademarks —You may want to create legal safeguards for the use of a particular phrase or name as applied to a product or service. Our firm can guide you through the process of pursuing trademark protection.
- Copyrights — Even in the age of the Internet, copyright law still contains important protections for an author's works.
- Trade secrets — Preventing the unauthorized disclosure of proprietary information is an important business practice.
- Unfair competition - From noncompete agreements to deceptive trade practices, there are many situations where claims on unfair competition can arise.
Get Help From An Intellectual Property Lawyer With Wide Experience
Mathew Perrone entered the world of intellectual property as a corporate patent trainee in 1965. In 1967, he became a United States patent examiner and left the U.S. Patent office six years later as a patent classifier. From there, Mr. Perrone went on to become patent attorney for the United States Navy, eventually leaving the government to become a corporate patent attorney for the Quaker Oats company in 1974.
A trained speaker, Mr. Perrone was awarded the Distinguished Toastmaster Award, the highest recognition a member may receive. He is active in the Kane and McHenry County bar associations, Prairie State Legal Services and Administer Justice.
The Law Office of Mathew R. P. Perrone, Jr., has a wide range of experience in patents, trade dress, trade secrets, copyrights and trademark matters. To learn more about how we can serve you or your business, give us a call today or complete the online form.
Free 20-Minute, In-Office Consultation ∙ Evening/Weekend Hours by Appointment